I've been released, what do I need to do to get my refund of any remaining debit account funds?
If you were released after November 6, 2022, you were provided in your release packet an informational card on how to get a refund
of any remaining debit account funds. Attached are copies of the informational cards at WesternUnionRefundEnglish.pdf
If you were released before November 7, 2022, please follow the instructions below:
- Refunds can be requested from inmate's debit accounts 30 days or later following release. If requests are received prior to 30 days of release, they will not be processed, and must be resubmitted no sooner than 30 days after your release date.
- You have 36 months from your release date to request a refund. After 36 months, any remaining funds will be turned over to the Texas Unclaimed Property Division, and you must file a claim with them for your funds: https://claimittexas.org
You need to provide:
Any phone number from your authorized calling list. If you did not have a phone number on your Authorized Calling List, leave this field blank.
NOTE: If you had phone numbers on your Authorized Calling List, and you do not fill in that field, your request will not be processed.
- Your birth date
- A complete mailing address so we can mail your refund check to you.
You may also print and mail this form:
Inmate Telephone Account Refund Request form
- The refund request form must be PRINTED and READABLE. If we cannot read your request, it will not be processed.
- Texas Inmate Telephone Account Refund
4000 International Pkwy
Carrolton, TX 75007
Online Debit Refund Form:
There was an error sending your form
Sent successfully, thank you!